Registration is now open for the 2023-24 Primary School Cross Country League, hosted by Chelmsford Athletics Club at Writtle University College.
After successfully restarting the league last winter, we are very much looking forward to the new season where we will be organising races for school years 4, 5 and 6 on the following dates;
- Race 1 – Thursday 12th October 2023 (Course Map A)
- Race 2 – Thursday 30th November 2023 (Course Map B)
- Race 3 – Thursday 25th January 2024 (Course Map B)
- Race 4 – Thursday 7th March 2024 (Course Map A)
The League is FREE to enter and is open to all Primary Schools that wish to take part.
This season there will be an Individual and Team competition for both boys and girls in years 4, 5 & 6.
- Individual competition – runners score points at each race based on their race position i.e. 1st place = 1 point,
2nd place = 2 points and so on. Athletes must compete in at least 3 out of the 4 races throughout the season to score an overall position with their best 3 results being added together and the lowest points total winning.
- Team Competition – schools will need at least 4 competitors in each race to gain a team score which consists of adding the 4 finishing positions together with the lowest total winning. The winning team will get 1 point, 2nd team 2 points and so on. Teams will need to compete in at least 3 out of the 4 races throughout the season to score an overall position with their best 3 points being added together and the lowest points total winning. (Please
note you can run more then 4 athletes in each race should you wish).
- There is no obligation to compete in all the races and we would welcome your school at any of the events that you can make.
In addition to the League races some athletes will be invited to attend the Chelmsford Junior Endurance sessions that will run on a Tuesday evening on the track at Chelmsford Sports & Athletics Centre. These sessions are run by Chelmsford AC Endurance Coach David Fewell who coached the 2023 National Road Relay U13 Girls Champions to victory (pictured below) and are a feeder in to Chelmsford AC.
Chelmsford AC have won team medals for the last 2 seasons at the National Cross Country Championships with most of these athletes coming through from the Junior groups.
If you have any questions about the League, the Junior Endurance sessions or if you’d like to discuss
any other ways in which Chelmsford AC could support your school, please click here to email David Fewell the Race Organiser.
Race Day Schedule
Arrive time: 12:00pm
Year 4 Girls Race: 12.45pm
Year 4 Boys Race: 1:00pm approx
Year 5 Girls Race: 1:15pm approx
Year 5 Boys Race: 1:30pm approx
Year 6 Girls Race: 1:45pm approx
Year 6 Boys Race: 2:00pm approx
Please print and bring with you
Results for last Season
Race 1: Thursday 1st Dec 2022 See Results
Race 2: Thursday 26th Jan 2023 See Results
Race 3: Thursday 2nd Mar 2023 See Results
Race Day Venue
The venue for Race 3 on March 2nd is at the Main Campus off Lordship Road
Writtle University College
Race Day Parking
There is parking available for school vehicles, teachers/assistants, race organisers, officials and volunteers/marshals ONLY in the car park at the Main Campus.
Course Map A
Course Map B