Chelmsford Athletics Club Changes to training fees from May 2022
As demand for spaces in the coaching groups grows and the hire costs of the track rise, it’s necessary to increase the training session fees and the process for which payments are collected. From May onwards , a new system for payments is being introduced along with an increase in session fees.
Athletes aged U17 and down
All youth athletes in age groups U17 and down will be moving to a flat fee of £30 a month, which is to be paid by monthly standing order in advance. This will be the only method of payment for these athletes and replaces the online Wix system in use currently. The £30 monthly fee entitles each athlete to two training sessions a week at the track on club nights, which are Tuesdays and Thursdays. The fee is required to retain your space in the coaching group, regardless if you choose to train away from the track on either session, or choose to attend only one of the sessions each week.
Unfortunately, ad hoc sessions missed due to short term illness or injury cannot be refunded. However, for long term injury or sickness of one month or more, the payment can be suspended by prior agreement with your coach.
The new payment scheme is effective from May 2022 onwards and payment is required in advance on the 28th April 2022 (and the 28th of each month thereafter). Details on how to do this are attached to this letter and it’s important to read and observe these to avoid any late payments or confusion.
Please note that the Wix system will no longer be available to use from May onwards for these age groups.
Athletes aged U20 and upwards
For older athletes in age groups U20’s and up, the primary method of payment will be standing order from 1st May onwards. The flat rate fee of £30 each month will entitle you to two training sessions at the track on club nights, which are Tuesdays and Thursday, regardless if you choose to train away from the track on either session.
Ad hoc sessions missed due to short term sickness or illness unfortunately cannot be refunded, but payment can be suspended for long term absence of one month or more by prior agreement with your coach.
For some athletes in these age groups, we recognise that it’s not always possible to attend training every week, as University or work commitments make that impossible Therefore, a secondary method of payment will be available to these athletes. The online Wix system will remain in operation for this purpose, but please note that the session fee on Wix will be increasing to £3.90 a session from 1st May 2022 onwards.
For those moving to standing order, the new system is effective from May 2022 onwards and payment is required in advance on the 28th April 2022 (and the 28th of each month thereafter). Details on how to set up the standing order are below and it’s important to read and observe these to avoid any late payments or confusion
If you have any questions, please may we ask that you talk to your coach in the first instance. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Chelmsford Athletics Club
Sort Code Account Number Reference
Athletes Full Name
Instructions for setting up a Standing Order
1. Please arrange for a standing order payment of £30 to leave your bank on 28th of each month to the Chelmsford AC club bank account. Details as follows:
Chelmsford Athletics Club
2. Please ensure the Standing Order is arranged to leave your bank on 28th of the month and 28th of each month thereafter. Please do not set an end date and avoid setting it to any other date in the month. It must be 28th to leave your bank.
3. Please create one Standing Order per athlete. If you have multiple athletes at the club, please do not aggregate their fees into one monthly payment. We need a separate standing order for each.
4. Please put the athletes full name as the reference (not the parents name) and avoid abbreviating names or using initials. It needs to be obvious for the treasurer to identify the athlete against the club register.
5. Please do not add any other one-off charges to the monthly fee. If you have other charges to pay, please do this via a one-off bank transfer separate to the monthly standing order.
Please note – all banks require different notice periods for setting up standing orders. Please do not leave it to the week that the payment is required, as it may not be enough notice for your bank. We would advise you to create the standing order as much in advance as possible. Remember, the actual payment won’t leave your bank until the date of the standing order.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!